Design and Style Philosophies
- All links should be obvious where they go to
- Almost all textual content in a website should render in a terminal browser or screen reader
- I dislike comments. They serve ego and are commonly rude and add little value. Go to social media if you want that.
- I prefer Gemini
- I prefer having RSS provided.
- I don't follow idiomatic style or language style guides for projects that I own(For projects belonging to others that I contribute, I follow them)
- PascalCase for class names
- Upper case for enum values
- lower case for the enum
- camelCase for member variables, dictionary keys or local variables
- member variables are prefixed with m_ in C-Style programming languages
- White space is used for clarity. The use is so long as it compiles and it is clear
- Paranthesises have a space before the keyword, but none for functions. I.E. printf() vs if (boolean)
- Curly braces are not on a new line
- Clarity is most important. All rules above can and will be ignored if it allows for clarity
- Effective use of procedures, data structures and functions
- I dislike OOP. That's not to say I won't use it, it provides useful functionalities but the complexity multiplies with inheritence. It also obscures the core problems a developer may have
- Composition of the problem is the best solution usually. A shell script is decomposed into multiple programs with pipes.
- Functions are useful, but for code that requires state procedures are also useful.
- Keep it brief, don't waste time
- It's unforgiveable to not provide subtitles for Movies
- It's unforgiveable to not provide subtitles for Video Essays
- Your font should be readable and high contrast
- Do not push advertisements in your viewer's face.
- Provide examples and example usecases
- Describe in detail all parameters/flags(Man pages/java docs or equivalents)
- Describe in detail output range. Usually relevant to functions or standalone programs.
- Link to related projects, scripts and libraries if relevant.
- Credit where it is due. Even in the case of public domain resources if a name is known.